Monday, September 24, 2012

Barbells and Rings

I'm woke up this morning hoping for a good metcon... I got this instead:

Monday goodness. #wod #crossfit

No biggie. I like squats. Ring pushups? Not so much, but gotta get them done. Plus, we haven't done them in a while so they need work.

Due to the large number of people that showed up this morning (odd because normally everyone is in recovery mode from the weekend) we were broken into two groups. I was in the second and would be doing the ring pushups first.

My strategy was to do sets of 10. Um, yeah. That worked for the first 10. After that, it was just as many as I could do at once. Usually, I got out 8 or 9. By the time that I made it to 40 though, I had to break it up into 5 and 5. My chest was burning and my forearms were becoming raw. Nothing like the rings to start off the week.

Next, it was on to the squat work. I grabbed a bar and did some warm-up squats. We had already done some during the group warm-up. Then a loaded up a mid-weight and a few more warm-up reps. I was hoping to do the 20 reps at body weight but... when I went to see how 10 reps felt at 115, I knew there was no stopping.

The first 5 felt good. The second 5 were a bit tougher. The last 10, went 1 by 1. Every one I had to get set and focus again. I know that 115 isn't that heavy, but c'mon... I ain't that big either. I got through all 20 without setting the bar down.

On a side note... did you see that last play in GBvsSEA??? Craziness!

Misty Imperial Beach. Can't even see the end of the pier. #nofilter
It was so misty in IB this afternoon, you couldn't see the end of the pier.

Isn't she just the prettiest? #corgi #corgistagram #puppy
Isn't my girl the prettiest?

No comments:

Post a Comment